Elite Listening Skills
Listening is a key English skill which is related to speaking.
- Excel in primary and secondary listening assessments (especially Paper 3 in the HKDSE exam)
- Understand what teachers are teaching in English medium schools
- Excel in discussion tasks (for example the HKDSE SBA and Oral paper)
- Converse fluently with others
Becoming an elite listener is dependent on the following main skills:
- The ability to listen for key words and essential information.
- The ability to understand English speakers from a variety of countries, despite accent differences.
- The ability to use body language appropriately when listening to others.
The key to becoming an elite listener is PRACTICE and EXPOSURE to native speaker standard English
"I am soooooo touched by the thoughtfulness and recognition that you bestowed upon Anthony. I have to say your love and dedication for students is unfathomable, and I can see God's grace in how you steer your students through their challenges, pursuits and most importantly, difficult times. "
-Edna (Parent of 3 students)
See more testimonials from parents
"Education is not about filling a bucket, but lighting a fire! "
- William Yeats