We are now accepting speech festival applications. We offer you a video of the poem reading, a PDF explaining how to read the poem with an interpretation and other advice. Plus 3 coaching sessions by Whatsapp. You may send a video of your child reading the poem and our coaches will reply with audio and text advice on how to improve.
P1-3 Sign up here https://www.elite-kids.org/order-form1597757086063
P4-6 Sign up here https://www.elite-kids.org/order-form1597767543155
Secondary Sign up here https://www.elite-kids.org/order-form1597767757841We also offer a poem selection service.You can sign up now and chose your poem at a later date to hold your spot.Materials packages only are also available. Once you have placed your order fill in the intake form here:
https://forms.gle/JAevCfp2Kf6gQrmE7Limited spots available so sign up today! How else can we help you? Please do let us know!Dr. Helen Maffini
Director Elite Kids- a Branch of MindBE Education
Hong Kong Speech Festival
Hong Kong Speech Festival: Important Updates
- The Essential Materials Package (PDF poem guidelines plus video demo of poem recital) with optional add-on Individual Coaching
- Only materials for SOLO VERSE (Open and Non-Open) will be offered this year. Strictly NO Prose Speaking/Reading, Choral Speaking, and others.
- Most are AVAILABLE NOW for purchase.
- Coaching begins in October for those who purchase the add-on individual coaching.
- Please send all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speech Festival period is from 18 Nov to 18 Dec 2020. Deadline of submission of entry forms: 18 Sep at 5pm (online) / 17 Sep at 5pm (in person). If you need help with registration, please contact your child’s school.
- Find more information about the HK Speech Festival at https://www.hksmsa.org.hk/en/speech-festival/hong-kong-schools-speech-festival-english-speech/
Speech Festival Essential Materials Package
for Training and Preparation
(SOLO VERSE only)
Clear poem guidelines (PDF) + poem video demo (mp4)
Optional add-on: Individual Coaching by WhatsApp
- Helps students understand the poem better
- Demonstrates how to do the suggested facial expression and body language
- Shows voice variation (tone/stress/emphasis) and technique (pausing/pace)
- Teaches poetic devices (such as rhyming/rhythm/similes)
- Plus other helpful tips for a winning performance!
What is the Essential Materials Package?
Sample Poem Video Demo
"I am soooooo touched by the thoughtfulness and recognition that you bestowed upon Anthony. I have to say your love and dedication for students is unfathomable, and I can see God's grace in how you steer your students through their challenges, pursuits and most importantly, difficult times."
-Edna (Parent of 3 students)
See more testimonials from parents
"Education is not about filling a bucket, but lighting a fire!"
- William Yeats